Monday, January 7, 2013

Christmas Goodies and Make A List Monday

I think my family has finally realized that my quilting obsession is real. This year, for the first time, I received all sorts of quilty items for Christmas:


I have wanted the Quick Curve Ruler for forever so with some big old hints to my hubby, he surprised me with the ruler and the Urban Nine-Patch pattern. He also got me these books:




He bought me an Accuquilt Go Baby, but I think I'm going to swap it for a full sized one. Also, my mother-in-law gave me a generous gift certificate to an big online fabric store, so I'm super happy about that. All in all, I'm so happy with my loot.

When I returned home from spending Christmas with my family, I found this lovely little lip balm holder in my mailbox courtesy of Benta. Thanks so much, Benta! : )


Since I didn't get to do any sewing after my surgery, I did at least get to organize my giant scrap bin. I sorted everything by color and just as I was about to put everything away, I saw the craze that has taken over blogland and Flickr: Scrappy Trip Around the World. Well good thing I didn't put my scraps away. I started cutting into my scraps, and I currently have about 100 strips. I want to cut about 100 or so more. The cutting is slow-going given my cutting hand is still tender.

So for my "Make a List Monday" I want to:
  • finish cutting out strips for the scrappy quilt
  • try to make a couple of blocks for the scrappy quilt
So it's not a big list, but it's a start. 

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with the cutting and Yay! to a tidy scrap bin :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy gifts.

    Isn't Benta a doll? I found one of those in my mail box too. It is amazing.

    Hope your hand is up to sewing with all of those goodies soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful gifts! You're all set for a fab year of sewing :)

    ReplyDelete