Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2012 Quilts in Review

Just like last year, I was thinking about my completed quilts for 2012 and it seemed like I didn't accomplish much. Actually, I completed 9 quilts in 2012, 1 more than in 2011. Of course if I factored in all my completed quilt tops that are ready to be quilted that number would be much higher. But I'll save that for a different post.

So I present my finished quilts for 2012:

I'm proud of what I accomplished, even while dealing with wonky hands. I had the carpal tunnel surgery on my right hand on Dec. 13; stitches came out on New Years Eve. Healing has been better than I expected, even though I may have some permanent nerve damage in one of my fingers because my median nerve was almost flattened due to carpal tunnel issues. The good news is that it shouldn't affect my sewing and other activities. Hopefully the nerve will completely recover though.

My poor swollen hand the day after surgery
I'm looking forward to all the projects to come in 2013. I'm also looking forward to all of your inspiring projects! : ) Can't wait...

4 comments:

  1. Lovely work. Amie, I really like the Lily & Will quilt (such cute fabric), sorry about your hand but glad it won't affect you're sewing. Here's to 2013 being a good quilting year for us all, Jen :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tally of quilts Amie, I really like the Ritzy Cracker quilt.

    Glad to hear your surgery went well, hope you are quilting away like a demon soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, these are all fabulous!!! Wishing you a speedy recover so you can make more;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your colorful quilts, Amie! Sorry to hear about your problems with both hands. Wish you both a speedy recovery and a creative 2013.

    ReplyDelete