Wednesday, January 30, 2013

WIP #16

Wow. I haven't done a works in progress post since the beginning of December. I shall now remedy that.

I've been working on the scrappy trip-a-long. Some of my favorite blocks so far:


 I think that black print is my new favorite.






So far, I have completed 18 blocks. I want to complete 36, so I am halfway there. Still more to go:


I'll admit: I kind of got burned out a bit from this block, so I switched gears and worked on my Christmas quilt. Yeah, maybe it will be finished by this Christmas! For this quilt, I'm sewing 5 inch squares into a big 25-piece patch. I'm going to make those into half-square triangles (so if you see a lot of fabric repeats in a square, it won't make much difference) and then make a giant star. Out of my fabric, I cut enough for 8 25-piece blocks, but now I realize that that is WAY too big. I only need 6 blocks, so now maybe this gigantic quilt will be manageable.

A few of my 25-piece blocks:





Want to know the amazing thing? All of the fabric used in these projects was pulled from my stash. I haven't bought fabric in months, a first for me!

Finally- thanks everyone for the nice emails about my hand surgery. Recovery is going great. In fact, I'm just about 100% again. I'm still supposed to be taking it easy (yeah right!), but for the most part, I nearly have full function. Yay!

Check out the other WIPs at Freshly Pieced.

8 comments:

  1. I have to have multiple projects going or I get bored with them. or I have to finish something once in a while, to just sew blocks and sew blocks and sew blocks, and not have a finish, I feel unaccomplished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your scrappy blocks look great, they will make a lovely quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks very pretty...I am excited to see the white diagonals on your scrappy trip quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see you're on the road to recovery and back to sewing!!! Love all these scrappy blocks, they'll be fabulous when they're together:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool! I just started a scrappy trip around the world too.... 4 blocks down!

    ReplyDelete